Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Help! Worried sick about my baby?

My daughter is 9 and a half months old and has always had extremely sensitive skin. Terrible eczema, cradle cap and random rashes. After using California Baby calendula cream her eczema is under control, however for through longest time her nipples have been a persistently effected area. As soon as she her nipples are exposed she starts itching and grabbing them instantly. (I even have to cover them with a wash cloth whenever I bathe her) They are always either peeling, bleeding, or has pus/liquid oozing from them. The pediatrician has prescribed hydrocortizone and an anti-fungal cream and neither have made a difference. He now prescribed an ointment to treat staph infections and MRSA. I am terrified at the possibility of MRSA. She is never in a daycare or hospital, and I stay at home with her. I don't know how she could have caught MRSA if that's what it is. I am supposed to call back in 10 days after using the cream if there is no improvement to be referred to a dermatologist. Does anyone have experience in this situation? I can't stop thinking about it and I'm so worried. Any input would be appreciated. Sorry its so long and if there are errors, I'm on my cellphone.

No comments:

Post a Comment