Monday, July 18, 2011

Took alot of ibuprofen, should I get a checkup?

Back in the years 2002-2004 I had a case of osteomiolitis (aka bone staph infection) in my left humerus. I've had Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis since 6th grade (or at least that's what the doc's thought) which traveled around my body frequently. So my parents and I assumed that's why my left arm hurt so much. But this pain was different, and a bit too late we found out it was staph. But that's just a quick history to lead up to my question: When my arm was hurting 24-7, I was taking sometimes 12 Ibuprofen every 1-2 hours for months at a time. I read somewhere that you should consult a doctor if you take 10 ibuprofen in one day! I've never had any symptoms of kidney or liver damage, and I've had numerous bloodtests during all the staph business and there's never been anything said about it. The only thing is I'd go through a bottle in 2 weeks (those 500 count bottles) because I couldn't sleep for more than an hour without having to get up and take something. Please serious answers only! Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment