Saturday, July 16, 2011

Impetigo on buttocks and anus? Please help!?

Hello. This is my third breakout of what the doctor class impetigo in the past year. For me, it happens about every 4-5 months. The area I have it is right at the top of my butt crack and then two spots on my butt cheek. I never knew what it was until the dr. prescribed mupirocin 2% and i read the information (its a cream). Anyway, after reading about it I'm scared that i'm going to get a staph infection or MRSA. It starts as like two red bumps that look like cuts and then i get two more on my cheek and thats about it. Its extremely itchy, but I dont itch it. Usually i just let it be, but it was soo itchy this time I called. I put the med. on last night and when I awoke this morning and looked at the area(the best I could see in that area) they bumps had turned a purple color. Is this normal? I can't find much information online about impetigo being on / near the butt crack...Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment