Monday, July 11, 2011

Hardgainer needs help!?

Ok so I have been training for about 6 years now. While the first two were filled with impressive gains, the years following were filled with frustration as I managed to pack on maybe one or two more pounds of muscle PER YEAR. I have tried many routines, as well as eating up to 7 meals a day consisting mainly of grain carbs and lean chicken. I am 5'10 and weigh about 160-165 and am probably around 13% body fat. The problem is, no matter how much or how often i eat and how intensely I train, I am not seeing results like I should. Recently I read about "abbreviated routines" for hardgainers, consisting of maybe only 3 compound exercises per workout performed only twice per week. My initial impression is that this seems shockingly low and that I am capable of much more than this. It is likely that I have been overtraining, but cutting down to that extent seems daunting. So my question is, is such a routine right for my body type and does anyone have experience with abbreviated routines? I will supplement such a routine with around 4,000 calories per day.

No comments:

Post a Comment