Thursday, July 14, 2011

Suggestions on finding a new home for a sick cat?

My cat is 8 years old and has a recurring staph infection. She has been to the Vet several times and has been on antibiotics for over a month. The infection goes away and then returns. I am pregnant and due any day now so she is being moved to my mothers which is not an ideal home for her. She may or may not be allowed inside as my sister's boyfriend does not want her in the house with a staph infection. I would love to keep her here and continue treating her but that is not an option with a newborn coming into the home. Any suggestions on finding a temporary home until she heals or a permanent one if not would be welcome. My Vet would like to run more tests but this will cost anywhere between 800-1000 dollars and she will have to be put under. She also has a heart murmur and I can't justify spending that amount of money when it may not help the situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment