Saturday, July 9, 2011

Staph epidermidis precautions and sexual contact?

Hi I was in the ER with abdominal pain it turns out that my crohn's disease allowed an infection into my intestine. The infection ended up being Staph Epidermidis. For a while they thought it was MRSA and I was quarantined ... But it wasn't. It was Staph Epidermidis - they told me just to be cautious and wash my hands. But they didn't say anything about sex and sexual contact. The infection started to spread to my gallbladder and ovary, but they caught it! It did start a UTI though.... I have been on vancomycin for the infection and that has cleared up for the most part. I have never even had a UTI before....can my boyfriend get this? What about the staph? Obviously since I am weak from all this we are not having sex....but I would like to know just in case :) ty in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment